PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM of this page to submit your work or to buy current or back issues of THE STILLWATER REVIEW. (The link to submit work will only appear between September 1 and December 1, yearly.)
The Stillwater Review and Betty June Silconas Poetry Center, at Sussex County Community College, Newton, New Jersey, honor the memory of Betty June Silconas, a Sparta, New Jersey, resident, who celebrated her life in her poems. Our readings, workshops and The Stillwater Review provide a place for writers both in our community and across the country to share their work, their support, their love of poetry. We are deeply grateful to the Silconas family, especially to Betty June. Without her love of poetry, none of this would be possible. Please visit the Betty June Silconas Poetry Center Facebook page or our page on the Sussex County Community College Website.
The Stillwater Review welcomes poetry submissions for our annual print volume released in late spring.
1. Submit only original, unpublished poetry or poetry in translation. We also accept photographs for our cover art. The Stillwater Review requires First North American Serial Rights for the work we publish. All rights revert back to the author upon publication. For translation, the translator is responsible for securing all necessary rights and permissions. If your work is later republished, we request you note its initial publication in The Stillwater Review. We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere (in print and/or electronic media).
2. The Stillwater Review only accepts electronic submissions (through Submittable) .
3. Please send 3-5 poems in one document; submissions are accepted from September 1 until December 1. Our submission link is only active and will only appear below during these dates. Please only send one submission per reading period. We tend to accept more lyric poems of shorter length.
4. Include your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address) with your submission.
5. Include a third-person 50-word bio within your cover letter.
6. If you need to withdraw a poem from submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We are also accepting original photographs (300 dpi minimum) for the cover art. The journal prints at 6” by 9”; cover theme: still waters.
8. We are looking to publish an essay in next year’s issue: clear, direct, lyrical writing that speaks to the creative process and the ideas associated with it. Please submit a piece no more than 2000 words, double-spaced.
Credit Card / PayPal single copy orders of the following Volumes of THE STILLWATER REVIEW for individuals or institutions with U.S. delivery addresses only (while copies are available)
$6.00 (processing fee and postage included; $1.50 discount on all issues).
SR9, 2019 - AVAILABLE!
SR8, 2018 - AVAILABLE!
SR7, 2017 - AVAILABLE!
SR6, 2016 - AVAILABLE!
SR5, 2015 - AVAILABLE!
SR4, 2014 - AVAILABLE!
1. On the "Enter Your Billing Information" page, input your billing address and credit card information. If you prefer, you may instead pay with PayPal by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
2. Click "Process Payment and Continue."
3. On the "Submit to THE STILLWATER REVIEW" page, your "Title" should be your name, your "Cover Letter" should simply say "please mail to:" followed by your mailing address, and "Submission Content" should specify the volume and number you wish to order, such as "SR6, 2016."
4. Click "Submit to THE STILLWATER REVIEW."
Note: You should type the mailing address as the "Cover Letter," even if it is the same as the billing address. We will mail your issue to you or the address you indicate "Media Mail" as soon as we receive your order. This $6.00 price applies only to orders mailed in the U.S. (domestic).
D. Scott Humphries